CCA Vision/Training Programme for 2023
The Dance Club hopes to inculcate in our dancers a love for the arts, a spirit of teamwork and responsibility as well as commitment to whatever they do. Through dance, the values of group work, mutual respect, tolerance and continuous progress towards perfection are inculcated.
The Canberra Secondary School Dance Club aims to provide dancers the opportunity to discover potentials beyond dance. Canberran dancers stretch their limits to exceed expectations and realise that there is more to dancing than the simple execution of movements. They learn to touch the hearts of the audience as they put in their emotions into every steps of the choreography.
The Dance Club comprises of 2 genre, namely Modern Dance and Malay Dance. All secondary one students will go through an experience with Malay Dance in Semester 1 and an experience of Modern Dance in Semester 2. At the end of the year, the students will get to choose the dance genre that they prefer and specialise in the chosen genre till they step down from CCA in secondary four.
Highlights and Achievements for 2019 - 2020:
- Modern Dance embarked on dance therapy sessions with Yishun MINDs to serve the community.
- Modern dancers participated in the Singapore Youth Festival (SYF). The dance piece was titled ‘Passions of the Flame’. We received the Certificate of Accomplishment for the SYF piece.
- Malay & Modern dance performances at annual CBS GRC Banquet
- Malay & Modern dance performances at annual Passion Arts Festival organized by People’s Association Community Arts & Culture Division (CACD)
- Malay Dance participated in the SYF with a dance item titled “Menuju Mercu” in Malay, literally translated means “Towards the Peak”. We received the Certificate of Accomplishment for the SYF performance.
- Malay Dance VIA share-a-pot project at Blossom Seeds for the elderly at Canberra Street in Sembawang VIA - preparing and served calcium-enriched soup after leading the elderly in an exercise routine
Mr Chen Jialiang
Ms Nurul Diyana
Training Days / Time :
Wednesday 2.30 pm - 6 pm